Diet and needs of a hermit crab
Year Target : 2-4 Duration: 30 Minutes
Key Learning Areas: Language, Science
Sue Fox’s Hermit Crabs: Complete Owner’s Guide; Fresh and dried foods including Dessicated coconut, trail mix,
Now that we have learned about the lifecycle and anatomy, we will be looking at the habitat of land hermit crabs in the wild, their diet in the wild, and how to meet their dietary needs. Links will be made with the Food Pyramid and a healthy human diet.
- Introduction – revisit previous lesson on lifecycle and anatomy
- Discussion – what kind of foods would the land hermit crab eat in the wild.
- Conclusion : Overview of what we have learned today
Sequence of Activities:
Revisit previous lesson on lifecycle and anatomy
* Discussion:What kind of foods would the land hermit crab eat in the wild.
* Exposition:Photos of foods hermit crabs eat with the names of the foods written on the cards
* Conclusion :Overview of what we have learned today and return workbooks, glue and scissors